VirtualLab Optics Software
This software address optical systems simulations on a wide range of applications including, but not limited to, laser systems, imaging systems, light shaping, optical metrology, and virtual and mixed reality.
Request for Quotation
- Light Shaping
VirtualLab Fusion supports light shaping by freeform surfaces, diffractive beam splitters and pattern generators, diffusers, and general arrays of micro-optical components, including, but not limited to, micro-lens arrays.
- User-friendly guided design method of light-deflecting elements including partial coherence and dispersion effects.
- Ray tracing through diffractive elements.
- Analysis of fabrication tolerances and optimization of the design regarding fabrication constrains.
- VirtualLab Fusion provides a platform for the construction of a digital twin for your optical system, thus facilitating the investigation of the influence of different elements on the performance of the overall system (for instance, the effect of lens aberration on the quality of a shaped beam).
- Export of fabrication data for various surface shapes including quantized interfaces, like binary masks and diffractive lenses.
- Unsurpassed flexibility to define detector functions, including energy quantities, polarization, coherence, spatiotemporal femtosecond pulse quantities, amplitude and phase, dot diagrams, wavefront error, and aberrations.
- Optical Metrology
The thorough investigation of interferometers, spectrometers and the imaging quality and resolution limit of microscopes with conventional or structured illumination is enabled by fast physical optics.
- Easy switching between ray tracing and fast physical optics simulations for the same systems.
- High-performance analysis of complex systems.
- Fast simulation of coherence effects and interference patterns.
- Automatic consideration of vectorial effects.
- Rigorous analysis of gratings cogently included in the model for the entire, complex system.
- Imaging Systems
Modeling lens systems by fast physical optics provides reliable PSF/MTF evaluation including ghost images and partial coherence, and the inclusion of gratings, HOEs and diffractive lenses.
- Easy switching between ray and physical optics modeling.
- Inclusion of diffractive lenses and gratings.
- PSF/MTF calculation for arbitrarily shaped and not fully illuminated apertures.
- Fast PSF/MTF calculation for high-NA systems.
- Fully vectorial analysis.
- Non-sequential modeling.
- Laser Systems
Fast physical optics provides a cogent model of laser sources, while also considering diffraction, interference and polarization, as well as granting access to any beam parameter of concern.
- Sophisticated source models including lasers, laser diodes with astigmatism, VCSELs, partially coherent, femtosecond-pulse and x-ray sources.
- Automatic modeling selection which enables physical optics modeling as easy as the application of ray tracing.
- Inclusion of Maxwell solvers for gratings, diffractive lenses and HOEs on planar and curved surfaces.
- Easy switching between ray tracing and physical optics modeling.
- Virtual and Mixed Reality
VirtualLab Fusion provides non-sequential modeling of multichannel waveguide imaging systems including wavefront error, energy flux and PSF/MTF evaluation as required for VR, AR and MR
- Arbitrary definition of grating regions on waveguide surfaces.
- Easy switching between ray tracing and fast physical optics engines.
- Advanced PSF/MTF calculation for arbitrarily shaped and fully or partially illuminated apertures, with consideration of wavefront aberrations.
- Non-sequential ray tracing informed by a physical optics-based energy concept.
- Non-sequential field tracing (physical optics simulation) which includes vectorial, polarization and coherence effects.
- Rigorous calculation of diffraction-order efficiencies for grating regions.
- Modeling and optimization of high-NA diffractive optical elements (beam splitters) for pattern generation.
- Simulation and analysis of high-NA freeform surfaces.
For more information, click here.