Photon Design Software
FIMMWAVE is a suite of robust and fully vectorial mode solvers for 2D+Z waveguide structures. It supports a large number of complementary algorithms which allows it to solve a large variety of waveguides which may be made of any material and of almost any geometry.
FIMMWAVE can also model propagation in 2D and 3D structures thanks to its propagation module FIMMPROP.
A highly flexible waveguide CAD tool
FIMMWAVE can, for instance, calculate the modes of:
- low-index polymer waveguides, high-index silicon (SOI) and GaAs/AlGaAs waveguides
- single-mode and multi-mode optical fibers, as well as photonic crystal fibers (PCFs)
- buried, etched (rib, ridge) and diffused geometries commonly used in opto-electronics
- slot waveguides, slanted-wall and graded structures
- plasmonic and microwave waveguides
- optically active and magneto-optic waveguides.
- Please see here for more examples of FIMMWAVE simulations.